Monday, February 6, 2012

Matthew 18:3

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

Matthew 19:14 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Oswald  Chambers has an enlightening insight on these verses -- Become as little children with openhearted, unprejudiced minds in relation to God... He goes on to say, the most serious minded Christian is the one who has just become a Christian; the mature saint is just like a young child, absolutely simple and joyful and gay. Read the sermon on the Mount -- Do not worry about your life. The Christianity of Jesus Christ refuses to be careworn. Our Lord is indicating that we have to be carefully careless about everything saving our relationship to Him. Fuss is always a sign of fever. A great many people mistake perspiration in service for inspiration in devotion. The characteristic of a man who has come to God is that you cannot get him to take anyone seriously but God." (from The Place of Help by Oswald Chambers)

My hope, prayer, and heart's desire, Lord, is to be like a child, expectant, full of wonder, free from self-consciousness, trusting. Help me to trust in you like I trusted my dad when I was a little kid. He always took care of me, got me what I needed, solved problems, and protected me. How much more can you, and will you, do for me, Abba, Father, Daddy, God? Amen.

When I was a little kid I didn't try to figure out how to live, I just lived. Mom and Dad took care of everything. Who knew you could go back to that? Simply trust in God...like a child...with the absolute most perfect mom and dad. He's both, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment