Saturday, May 14, 2011

In the Last Days...

I'm not a Harold Camping fan or follower, but if he's right and the world is about to end, I'm okay with that.

Actually that's a ridiculous understatement. I'm okay with beginning life in a place where there are no more tears, no sickness, no pain? I'm okay with meeting God face to face? I'm okay with seeing His glory and falling at his feet sooner rather than later? Yeah? No.

Not okay -- Thrilled! Delighted! Ecstatic at the thought! Those are the words that come closer to describing how I'll feel if I wake up on Sunday, May 22 and find out I've died and gone to heaven.

However, I doubt that's how it's going to be. So I continue happily making my way through Francis Chan's Forgotten God, preparing to write some middle school/high school age devotionals on All Things from God the Father, Through God the Son, by God the Holy Spirit.  I'm feeling spurred on, my spirit is buoyed by His Spirit. And honestly, I wonder, could it be that these are the days spoken of in Joel 2:28 and Acts 2:17? "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people."

And although I'm not a supporter of those who think they've figured out the time and date of the very last day, I'm looking forward to it just the same. Meanwhile, there's work to be done. I hope with every last ounce of my being that everyone will fall in love with God before their own last day on earth.

1 comment:

  1. The most rational response to this I've read, and I have not read much.

    ReplyDelete