Saturday, May 7, 2011

Writing Devotionals

I love to write devotional materials. My upcoming assignment includes writing about what may well be the most neglected person of the Trinity -- the Holy Spirit. These devos are for a local summer camp. Inspiration for the theme of this year's camp came from the book of John, chapter 14, verses 16 and 17. The theme is All Things from God the Father, Through God the Son, by God the Holy Spirit.

Francis Chan's book Forgotten God is recommended reading for all of the teachers and leaders of camp. It's recommended reading for the writer of devotionals as well. Me.

Excellent book so far.

Last year I jumped on board and wrote the devotional material a week prior to camp. I'm re-reading last year's devotionals to get in writing-for-teens mode. While I'm at it I'll share.Click the "Devotionals" page tab above, just under the heading of this blog, and you'll find my 4 day series on Spiritual Warfare. Feel free to borrow if you like, tweak and personalize as necessary.. -- I'll be delighted if you give me a byline

No comments:

Post a Comment